Spring Sports???

As we begin another week of remote learning at Winnacunnet High School, I'd like to take a minute to update you all on high school athletic news...or lack there of.

As most of you know, tomorrow would've been week 2 of spring sports. Many of our spring teams worked hard over the winter and were geared up for the spring season. Personally, I had it circled on my calendar for a LONG time! Many of us had scrimmages, play days, and jamborees lined up beginning this week. It has been sad going through our scheduler and deleting games.

Thursday, Governor Sununu announced that NH schools would remain closed until 5/4. While that was a gut punch to many of us, the NHIAA is holding out hope that we can play condensed spring seasons beginning during the second week of May. It all hinges on our health and if we are back in school.

I know that many of our athletes are working out at home on their own and running to stay in shape. We are all here for you during this time should you have questions about solo workouts. Coach Saltmarsh shared a running page with me that he created for the track athletes - great job coach! Please reach out to any of us if you need help.

During this down time, I'd like to write a spring preview on each team and remotely interview players and coaches. This will give our teams a chance to remotely get together, share stories about last season, and "hope" together for a spring season. My first remote meeting will be with Coach Bruce and the Softball Team tomorrow afternoon. As many of you remember, the softball team lost in the state championship last season and were poised to make another run at the title. I can't wait to hear from them tomorrow and to write a preview that I'll post sometime Tuesday.

Spring athletes, please reach out to your coaches if you have not heard from them. I don't want to leave anyone out of our Zoom meetings!

That is it for now, I wish I had more news. I hope you all stay safe, stay healthy, and do your best with the online learning.  Reach out to your friends and family and take care of everyone as much as possible during this time.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Girls Tennis

Baseball